I was trying to add my skype account on the N900 today and could not add the account. I did not find any option to add the same. After some googling and searching, I found that I need to re-flash my N900.
I had flashed the India image earlier to check out what it would provide me but to my astonishment there is no skype support in the India image, so if you are planning to have the skype account added to the N900, then you need to flash either the Global Image (with the string “MR0” in the name of the image) or the US image (004) and not the India image (004).
And, btw if you flash your N900, you will not lose any contacts, mail, sms or any other data. What you will lose is the applications that you would have installed.
- Video demo: Skype for Nokia N900 (share.skype.com)
- Nokia N900 (vipfun.wordpress.com)
- Nokia N900 app performs brain scan in the comfort of your home (geek.com)
- 2011/06/14 Deleting all mails in the N900 (Maemo 5) permanently
- 2011/06/22 GPG error on N900 when doing update on command line
- 2011/06/18 Installing Bling Theme on N900
- 2011/06/08 N900 starts showing junk characters
- 2011/05/20 My new Maemo 5 Nokia N900 Mobile.