intercept stdout/stderr of another process or disowned process
Useful to recover a output(stdout and stderr) “disown”ed or “nohup“ep process of other instance of ssh.
With the others options the stdout / stderr is intercepted, but only the first n chars.
This way we can recover ALL text of stdout or stderr
* View this command to comment, vote or add to favourites * View all commands by glaudiston
by David Winterbottom (codeinthehole.com)
- Capturing system command output as a string – Stack Overflow (stackoverflow.com)
- GNU Parallel – build and execute command lines from standard input in parallel (savannah.gnu.org)
- Ascii histograms and more cool data analysis tools in Python (jehiah.cz)
- Linux: Understanding File Descriptors and IO Redirection (symkat.com)
- Python `select` module – well explained step by step (doughellmann.com)
- 2010/08/13 tee to a file descriptor
- 2010/11/20 Broadcast your shell thru port 5000
- 2010/11/09 Print all environment variables, including hidden ones
- 2010/09/24 bash script to run a command and take screenshot in every loop.
- 2010/09/01 Use the last command\’s output as input to a command without piping and bind to it to a key sequence in bash.