ionice is utility provided by the package util-linux. Description of util-linux:
- Description : The util-linux package contains a large variety of low-level system
- utilities that are necessary for a Linux system to function. Among
- others, Util-linux contains the fdisk configuration tool and the login
With the help of this utility, you can set the scheduler priority for your IO scheduling upto RealTime, but be careful that can make other process sluggish. Example use:
ionice -c 1 -n 7 $(pgrep
- 2011/01/29 bash math
- 2011/01/11 perl is faster than bash in some cases.
- 2010/09/04 Remove some path from the PATH variable temporarily.
- 2010/07/14 Are you swapped? Increase the performance of Linux machine.
- 2010/06/21 concatenate compressed and uncompressed logs