As usual time in couple of days to upgrade to Fedora 17. Release schedule is for 05/22 and so its just around the corner. So, if you are looking at upgrading using yum, then make sure that you visit this page.
There are some changes in latest version that will not allow you to upgrade without executing few commands manually and that page lists them. And if you are too brave and just want the steps and the command then here it is:
# sudo yum update dracut # dracut --force --add convertfs Change the following kernel commandline parameter directly in the bootloader menu, which is sh:own during bootup, or edit the line in /etc/grub*.cfg to remove ro and rhgb and append rw rd.in:fo rd.convertfs enforcing=0 # revert after reboot. # dmesg | grep dracut # yum --releasever=17 update rpm # rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__* # rpm --rebuilddb # yum --releasever=17 --disableplugin=presto --skip-broken distro-sync # fixfiles onboot
- 2011/04/20 Results of Fedora 16 Release Name Voting
- 2010/09/04 Remove some path from the PATH variable temporarily.
- 2010/04/21 Upgrade to Fedora 13 from your existing version using yum.
- 2012/02/09 Tora installation on Fedora 16 with rpm
- 2012/02/06 tora on Fedora 16 for mysql and Oracle.