This is the third part of a seven-part article on famous Perl one-liners. In this part I will create various one-liners for calculations. See part one for introduction of the series.
The article on famous Perl one-liners will consist of at least seven parts:
- Part I: File spacing.
- Part II: Line numbering.
- Part III: Calculations (this part).
- Part IV: String creation. Array creation.
- Part V: Text conversion and substitution.
- Part VI: Selective printing and deleting of certain lines.
- Part VII: Release of perl1line.txt.
After I’m done explaining all these one-liners, I’ll publish an ebook. Everyone who’s subscribed to my blog will get a free copy! Subscribe now!
The one-liners will make heavy use of Perl special variables. A few years ago I compiled all the Perl special variables in a single file and called it Perl special variable cheat-sheet. Even tho it’s mostly copied out of perldoc perlvar, it’s still handy to have in front of you, so print it.
Related articles by Zemanta
- How to Embed a Twitter List on WordPress.com using RSS (offonatangent.blogspot.com)