More about cacert.org :
CAcert.org is a community-driven Certificate Authority that issues certificates to the public at large for free.
CAcert’s goal is to promote awareness and education on computer security through the use of encryption, specifically by providing cryptographic certificates. These certificates can be used to digitally sign and encrypt email, authenticate and authorize users connecting to websites and secure data transmission over the internet. Any application that supports the Secure Socket Layer Protocol (SSL or TLS) can make use of certificates signed by CAcert, as can any application that uses X.509 certificates, e.g. for encryption or code signing and document signatures.
If you want to have free certificates issued to you, join the CAcert Community .
So, now you can reach out to https version… dont be scared if you get that un-verified certificate, you can import the cacert.org root certificate.
- 2015/03/04 ssh authorized keys – limit ssh session to custom command
- 2015/01/22 shell script for some quick tests on Linux
- 2014/11/03 Search CVE – web interface with php
- 2014/07/28 CACert.org – get free ssl certificates.
- 2014/03/26 Sandbox apache (httpd) for better security.