<img class="size-medium wp-image-2472" title="Eye of Gnome Viewer with exif data" src="http://blog.amit-agarwal.co.in/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/eog-300x218.jpg" alt="Eye of Gnome Viewer with exif data" width="300" height="218" />
Today we will look at how a simple viewer like <a class="zem_slink" title="Eye of GNOME" rel="homepage" href="http://www.gnome.org/projects/eog/">EOG of Gnome can help you learn some basic things about Photography.
To begin with, we will open eog and then go to :
Edit -> Preferences -> Plugins
<a class="zem_slink" title="Exchangeable image file format" rel="wikipedia" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeable_image_file_format">Exif Display
Now, press Ctrl + F9 or go to view and enable sidebar.
In the sidebar, now you can see the exif details of the Photo. Though this is just the basic exif infomation and iptc data is not displayed but this will probably still give you an idea of what was the Zoom, Expo time and Aperture <a class="zem_slink" title="Film speed" rel="wikipedia" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_speed">Speed along with the <a class="zem_slink" title="International Organization for Standardization" rel="homepage" href="http://www.iso.org/">ISO for the picture. This will help you decide on how these settings might affect the <a class="zem_slink" title="Photograph" rel="wikipedia" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photograph">photo. Probably you can take a few photo of the same scene with different settings and see how they affect them 🙂
Related articles by Zemanta
- You: Exif Viewer :: Add-ons for Firefox (addons.mozilla.org)
- Tools for Managing EXIF Data of your Images (labnol.org)
- This Week in the Digital Photography School Forums (22-28 Aug \’10) (digital-photography-school.com)
- Download Free JPEGView Image Viewer To Quick View Digital Images (mydigitallife.info)
- 2010/07/31 Auto Key press fill forms through simulating key presses | Linux.com
- 2010/04/12 fotowall – create cool looking wallpapers (collage) on Linux
- 2010/04/11 In (any) vi, add a keystroke to format the current paragraph.
- 2010/03/25 Photo Compositing with the GIMP
- 2009/11/21 5 Sites To Find Free Alternatives To Popular Software