Firefox Disables Microsoft .NET Addon ZosX writes ”Around 11:45 PM Friday night, I was prompted by Firefox that it had disabled the addons that Microsoft has been including with .NET — specifically, the .NET Framework Assistant and the Windows Presentation Foundation. The popup announcing this said that the ’following addons have been known to cause stability or security issues with Firefox.’ Thanks, Mozilla team, for hitting the kill switch and hopefully this will get Microsoft to release a patch sooner.” Here’s the Mozilla security blog entry announcing the block, which Mozilla implemented via its blocklisting mechanism.
Read more of this story at Slashdot.
URL: <a href="http://rss.slashdot.org/~r/slashdot/eqWf/~3/QK8qQbn4OPw/Firefox-Disables-Microsoftnobr-wbrnobrNET-Addon">http://rss.slashdot.org/~r/slashdot/eqWf/~3/QK8qQbn4OPw/Firefox-Disables-Microsoftnobr-wbrnobrNET-Addon
- 2010/04/12 Silent Install Firefox Plugin Backfires on Microsoft
- 2010/05/18 List all the installed firefox addons from the bash script
- 2010/05/11 Firefox 4.0 mockups for LInux/Windows and Mac
- 2010/05/03 Download youtube video directly from the command line with youtube-dl
- 2010/04/29 Spruce up your firefox with lightweight themes – Personas