I am liking fvwm more and more. Rather I went ahead to get the themes and icons for fvwm and am quite happy with the amount of customization I can do with the WM. So, I found the themes page for the fvwm which gives about 27 themes and all of them look quite cool.
You can choose to have the gnome and the KDE menu in your fvwm menu which is built dynamically. Decide on when the window should become active and things like Animation, Auto Raise, Banner and the list continues and you dont have to search anything to do any of those. The <a href="http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/doc/FAQ" target="_blank">FAQ is a good resource to start.
And then you can go to the sites to get your theme:
For now I am trying the various themes to see which one suites my mood. Oh BTW the one thing that I did not like is that the time to change the theme is on the upper side.
Heres a screenshot of my desktop with one of the themes:
<a href="http://amit-agarwal.co.in/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/fvwm1.jpg"><img class="size-medium wp-image-414" title="fvwm" src="http://blog.amit-agarwal.co.in/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/fvwm1-300x225.jpg" alt="fvwm" width="300" height="225" />
- 2010/03/28 Change cursor and couple of other settings in window managers like fluxbox and fvwm (except gnome and KDE)
- 2010/03/24 bash – change theme for gtk in gnome and take screenshot from script.
- 2010/03/05 New GTK and metacity themes from Ian
- 2010/03/05 FVWM window manager.
- 2010/01/11 GoOo released new version of Open Office.