Well, sometime back I bought N900, some snaps here. And sooner than later I started playing with it. In an effort to reduce the disk usage for the “/” (root) partition, I removed some packages that were taking too much of space and managed to get the mobile to a stage where a lot of applications started displaying strange and junk characters and also cannot use package manager any more…errors reported.
To fix, this there was not solution that I could find on the net and thus started searching for a solution on my own. Finally found that that locales package was missing so what you need to do is following, in case you manage to get to similar state 🙂
Open a x-terminal on your Maemo based N900 and issue the following command:
This should fix the issue.
Edit : Fixed the issue with the command not properly displayed in the blog post.
- My new Maemo 5 Nokia N900 Mobile. (amit-agarwal.co.in)
- Weaponizing the Nokia N900 – Part 3.8 – Backtrack 5 on N900 (zitstif.no-ip.org)
- Video demo: Skype for Nokia N900 (share.skype.com)
- 2011/05/20 My new Maemo 5 Nokia N900 Mobile.
- 2010/11/03 Announcing the release of Fedora 14 and upgrade procedure.
- 2011/06/05 Total upload and download on any interface.
- 2011/05/18 Solaris dump analysis
- 2011/04/30 browsing the windows machines and their shares – listing