nall is a utility to run your scripts ( for whatever ) every defined period. Here is description:
- Description : Nall is a small gtk+ application that discretely fits into your freedesktop
- system tray (such as trayer).
- Its purpose is to spawn periodically every kind of script and display a
- one-line output in the tooltip window. The main usage of nall is monitoring or
- just notifying of almost everything (it just depends upon your imagination and
- ability to script).
For installation :
sudo yum install nall
Once done, you can start from terminal as “nall” or create a autostart file “~/.config/autostart/nall.desktop” to start it automatically when you log in :
- 2014/09/01 Debuggging bash cron scripts.
- 2013/10/04 Home grown mail scheduler with bash script and cron
- 2011/01/27 fork a new process in perl
- 2010/06/25 wordpress blog stats monitoring from remote using curl and bash and send it in mail.
- 2010/06/22 cdargs – bash cd command with bookmarks and browser.