Here are some more clients that you can use with mpd.
sudo yum install mpd mpc qmpdclient.x86_64 gmpc.x86_64 sonata.x86_64
mpd is ::
Music Player Daemon (MPD) is a flexible, powerful, server-side application for
playing music. Through plugins and libraries it can play a variety of sound
files (e.g., OGG, MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV) and can be controlled remotely via its
network protocol. It can be used as a desktop music player, but is also great
for streaming music to a stereo system over a local network. There are many
GUI and command-line applications to choose from that act as a front-end for
browsing and playing your MPD music collection.
And setup is quite simple, install with above command then simply, configure your user and Music directory in the mpd config file /etc/mpd.conf.
- 2012/07/20 Music players on Linux – the poor mans random song player.
- 2011/11/09 mplayer – find all the installed codes for audio and video
- 2013/08/23 pkgwat -search packages for Fedora.
- 2013/02/18 viewvc – serve current directory in web interface.
- 2012/08/06 vim mappings for multiple files.