This can be used in various ways but I will leave the choice to you. One option that I should probably still tell is :
Execute a command like ls to see how the settings for dircolors would look like in the terminal. To do this change the line where we are invoking xterm to the below line:
Do remember the sleep to some suitable time according to your needs.
Hope this helps you choose the color you want for your xterm background.
- Use Xterm as a Full Screen, Distraction-Free Terminal in OS X [Terminal Tip] (lifehacker.com)
- imabonehead: Managing Multiple Linux Servers with ClusterSSH | Linux.com (linux.com)
- Implementation: Collatz Conjecture (codebypepo.wordpress.com)
- 2010/06/06 colors in bash – script to display all the possible colors.
- 2010/11/09 Print all environment variables, including hidden ones
- 2010/09/24 bash script to run a command and take screenshot in every loop.
- 2010/09/04 Remove some path from the PATH variable temporarily.
- 2010/07/20 Linux command to repeat a string n times - Super User