Default files and settings for new users on most Linux distribution – Linux Ubuntu
1 min read
For most common distributions of Linux the default settings for the newly created user with GUI or useradd command is taken from the directory /etc/skel
All the files (including the hidden files) are copied to the newly created users home directory. This can be used to modify the defaul .bashrc .vimrc and other such files in the users home directory. You can copy the files in ”/etc/skel” the files that you want to keep in the users home directory. This can contain soft links or hard links also (Be careful to link to the full path in this directory).
Tags: default profile Linux useradd
- 2010/06/09 Scripts to create logins from bash command – for creating multiple accounts
- 2010/06/08 Verify all the paths in the PATH directory
- 2010/06/06 Play media files in fedora.
- 2010/06/05 PuTTY ssh without password
- 2010/06/05 How To Install Ailurus On Fedora
Authored By Amit Agarwal
Amit Agarwal, Linux and Photography are my hobbies.Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.