Here is a good link to do this:
The utility was using wget and it was failing constantly. From the looks of it, it was very clear that the wget utility was unable to find the IP address from the name. Name resolution was not happening, while dig and nslookup was able to do the DNS lookup.
After searching for quite sometime all that I could see was, in one of the forums, \”Did you have NIS enabled?\”
That seemed interesting and thus I got the direction to look for where I can find the solution. And finally I found that in \”nsswitch.conf\” there were settings to find how the various lookups should happen.
For the host entry, I saw that after looking at the nis the lookup would end so I changed the sequence to look at \”files dns\” also and then quit. And it worked. Hope it helps you too 🙂
Related articles by Zemanta
- DNS Set Up for Integration (edugeek.net)
- Black Lotus Selects Afilias to Improve DNS Reliability (eon.businesswire.com)
- Symantec Enters DNS Provider Market With Norton DNS (ghacks.net)
- Performance Tuning The Apache Web Server (beginlinux.com)
- Using Google Public DNS to Speed Up Your Internet Connection (maketecheasier.com)