For quite sometime now, I was having this issue, that for the home system, I was able to connect to is using ssh but it never worked. Fnally after quite some debugging finally I found that the issue was with thebashrc. So, everytime I had to do a scp I would have to move/rename bashrc and do the reverse action after the scp was done.
Finally today I fixed it and the solution was very simple. I put the offending code or rather complete bashrc in the loop as mentioned below:
if [[ $SSH_CLIENT = "" ]
<bashrc code here>
By doing this the <dot>bashrc is never executed when a ssh session is initiated (which is what happens for scp also). 🙂