After I installed some plugin\’s, the new windows were not opening in the tab. Rather they were opening in new window. This consumes time and memory which I did not like. I checked and re-checked to confirm that the setting for opening new window in tab was in there and still ………. alas……..
So, I reverted to checking if I could do something in the about:config entries to do the trick and yes it was there. Before we go into the specific entry, if you are interested, here is the link to the mozilla site for documentation on the about:config parameters. If you want to tinker with the settings, I suggest you first go through the list and make sure what you are doing.
The entry that I had to edit was :
I set the value as 2 and hurray its done.
Just in case, you do not want to do it in the browser itself, then you can open prefs.js file in your profile directory and change the value in that file and that also should do the trick.
Related articles by Zemanta
- 5 Cool About:Config Hacks To Make Firefox Browsing Smoother (makeuseof.com)
- Mozilla Plugs The CSS History Leak (ghacks.net)
- Few facts about Mozilla (teabreak.pk)
- Mozilla Weave hits 1.0, keeps all your Firefox installs in sync! (downloadsquad.com)
- Enable Firefox\’s Secret Mousewheel Scrolling Acceleration [Firefox Tips] (lifehacker.com)