A new mail client is coming in town.
Gnome is working on new mail client called geary. Currently only supports imap accounts.
Geary is a new email reader for GNOME designed to let you read your
email quickly and effortlessly. Its interface is based on
conversations, so you can easily read an entire discussion without
having to click from message to message. Geary is still in early
development and has limited features today, but we’re planning to add
drag-and-drop attachments, lightning-fast searching, multiple account
support and much more. Eventually we’d like Geary to have an
extensible plugin architecture so that developers will be able to add
all kinds of nifty features in a modular way.
So, do keep a watch on the client. The looks of the client are very nice and I liked the interface too much. Waiting for them to support more type of accounts and also support configuration of authentication types.
- 2014/03/11 fetchmail to get the mails from your imap account
- 2013/06/04 ssmtp configuration and installation – raspberry pi.
- 2013/04/19 sendmail or sending mail
- 2010/07/25 importing outlook pst files in evolution in Fedora 13 ( Goddard)
- 2010/06/09 email with templates (with variables) from the command line with sendmail or any other MTA.