If you are experiencing slow ssh connections, then possibly your system is trying to do reverse lookup of the IP address. If that is the case, then you can add the below to “hosts” line in /etc/nsswitch.conf file.
The other cause for slow connections can be GSSAPI authentication. If that is the case, then the simplest solution is to add the following in your “~/.ssh/config” file:
- 2011/09/07 ss – utility to investigate sockets.
- 2011/08/29 [Solved] ssh works but scp does not
- 2013/02/14 ssh reverse tunning..
- 2011/05/14 Terminating a SSH session after starting background process.
- 2011/04/11 Easy ssh configuration with .ssh/config file