Sometimes, you find some interesting application/command by accident, and that is just what happened a few days back. Well, I was doing a ssh and as usual made my share of mistake in typing and missed the “h” from the ssh command and saw a list of options instead of my prompt on remote server.
Now, that set me thinking and fond that its a very interesting command that comes with iproute on Fedoara, so if you want this command, then install iproute like this
and then you can see the help with
By default, without any options you will see a list of all open sockets on your system.
There are a lot of options that you can use and couple of them are very interesting a useful.
-m — shows the memory
–p — process associated with the socket.
-i — shows the TCP internal information
There are some other options which you might find useful.
- 2011/08/29 [Solved] ssh works but scp does not
- 2011/05/14 Terminating a SSH session after starting background process.
- 2011/04/11 Easy ssh configuration with .ssh/config file
- 2010/05/25 mussh - Multihost SSH wrapper
- 2011/04/28 client lanman auth is disabled error for samba