Well, if you are on linux then you have options – is a known fact. But how those options help?
I was working on a machine which had very less RAM and was quite old system and it was running F14. Guess what would be the state of the system with pidgin, xmms, firefox, evolution and couple of terminals. Now, this is where if you could save a few cycles of CPU then you can actullay see the difference in sluggish GUI and and an okay sort of GUI. So, first off, kill pidgin and use finch.
Also there is some mouse support also, but why need that if you are working on a terminal. I liked it quite a lot.
- Add Skype to Pidgin IM (crenk.com)
- How to Add Skype Contacts to Pidgin IM On Windows, Mac, or Linux (simplehelp.net)
- Solving Pidgin’s message character limit (soultrav.wordpress.com)
- 2010/11/19 Screen enable/disable logging in all windows
- 2010/11/02 Photo Editing with nice border and preparing for print.
- 2010/10/08 http://ninite.com/linux/makeuseof – very good collection of utilities for .deb based distro’s
- 2010/09/02 Speed up mkat with no md5sum for the files.
- 2010/07/14 A Five-Way Linux Distribution Comparison In 2010