With the latest update on my Fedora 10(F10) I started getting this error when ever I wanted to use the gnome package kit (I was able to use yum though):
failed to get a TID: A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface ”org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transaction” member ”SetLocale” error name ”(unset)” destination ”org.freedesktop.PackageKit”) (0)
I searched couple of forums but did not find any good resource on what was happening. Finally I decided to rollback Packagekit and dbus. And Yahoooooooooooo, it started working again.
So here’s what I did to get my system back
rpm -e –nodeps dbus* *package*
yum –disablerepo=updates install gnome-packagekit dbus dbus-libs
- 2009/11/25 internal error from PackageKit — packagekit Error Type: <type ’exceptions.TypeError'>
- 2010/01/11 GoOo released new version of Open Office.
- 2009/12/24 query and downgrade selected packages based on version or repository
- 2009/10/22 rebuild rpm from installed rpm with rpmrebuild
- 2009/10/17 RPMFusion release for YUM.