Finger is a nifty nice utility to get the information on the user. A sample output of the command is as below:
-0-(ak) ~ > finger ak
Login: ak Name: Amit Agarwal
Directory: /home/amitag Shell: /bin/bash
On since Sun Oct 19 13:50 (IST) on tty7 from :0
On since Sun Oct 19 13:50 (IST) on pts/0 from :0.0
All this information can be changed with the command chfn. No hassles, just type in the command it does the rest, asking you for the information whatever required. You can also specify the details in the command itself with the below mentioned parmateres:
Usage: chfn [ -f full-name ] [ -o office ] [ -p office-phone ]
[ -h home-phone ] [ –help ] [ –version ]
- 2009/12/19 Change information for the user on Linux machine.
- 2010/02/04 Color output from ls – based on file type
- 2010/02/04 Crossfire game server.. free connection.
- 2010/02/03 Gentoo, Knoppix and Linux Console Screenshots
- 2010/02/03 Installing Sofware on Linux, easier and finding alternates.