I have been thinking about this for quite sometime now, how to find all the executables on the linux system. One of the way is to do a ”ls” on all the directories in the PATH variable. But that will not list the executables that are outside of the PATH. So, I wrote this one liner :
rpm -qal |agrep ”bin\/” > all_execs
This will list all the files in the Linux system in bin or sbin directory and that should be pretty much all the binaries in the system.
- 2010/01/03 Fedora 12 demonstrates sandbox for desktop applications
- 2009/12/28 Some Rather Old But Still Funny Anti-UNIX Jokes (One Liners)
- 2009/12/26 Nifty Things to Do with GIMP
- 2009/12/24 query and downgrade selected packages based on version or repository
- 2009/12/24 EncFS – Simple article to use Encrypted filesystem in Linux